Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Danielle Morales-Gomez

So I wasn't going to write about my little sister cus I've written about her already and I was getting tired of writing about my family but lately, I miss her. I'll tell you about her.

Danielle Morales-Gomez
Born September 1, 1996.

Her name is Danielle, not Daniela (which is what I thought it was until she was like 10). She's the only one of us kids that doesn't have a middle name.

When my mom was pregnant with her my parents went to the doctor to get an ultra sound to find out her gender. Every time the doctor would move that thing, my little sister would turn over so that the doctor couldn't see what she was. After 2 trips to the doctor with no luck my mom gave up and decided to let it be a surprise. We were all hoping for a boy, just because there was already me and Noemi so we wanted it to be even; but no. It was a little girl! She had a blue crib with blue wallpaper around the crib on the wall. It wasn't a boy but, boy were we excited for her. She was the cutest baby ever! Before she turned one she would hold out her little arm flick her wrist downward and say "Hello darling!" No one in my family remembers that she used to do this but I remember and I remember everyone that knew she could do that would tell her to do it like 10 times! She was sooooo cute. Sometime after she turned 2 or 3 she got really sick. She was puking everywhere and she couldn't keep anything down not even Pediasure. She was getting dehydrated and she was barfing all the water we gave her so we couldn't help her. My parents took her to the children's hospital. We had just been baptized and I think this was one of the big trials as new members. My parents called the bishop and the bishop called a few other members and they gave my little sister a blessing. One of the members from the ward took us to their house and we stayed the night there. I remember praying that my sister would get better but I also remember thinking that, that day may have been the last time I would see my little sister alive. Obviously she's not dead and I am so thankful that she's not. I love that little girl so much. Between you and me she's my second favorite. She's super funny, sometimes funnier than me, if you can believe that! HA. Sometimes she thinks she's black but most of the time she's just herself. She's still really impressionable but for the most part she knows who she is and i like that. Some of my favorite quotes come from her. When we get together we are a riot. But only if she's not being a brat and cranky with everyone. She's got my parents wrapped around her little finger. She's really really shy but if you can get her to be comfortable around you, you're in for a treat. She reminds me a lot of me. When I'm out here I can't wait to go home and hang out with her. I love talking on the phone with her because she tells me all the latest gossip and she's funny. She speaks spanish pretty well so her and my dad get along really well like me and my dad get along. The three of us together are sooooo funny! When we are together we make fun of everyone in our family and we give them funny nick names that they hate. I have to try really hard to get her to dance with me because she thinks I'm weird but when she starts dancing we have so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment