Thursday, November 18, 2010
It's been awesome teaching her the ways of the world. Justin Bieber and what not. She really likes Fun. which I am happy about because they are going to play here in Atlanta in December and we are going to go. Originally Marion Dyer was supposed to also go to that show but things change.
I would like to give a shout out to my peeps, the ones that kind of took her place while she was on her mission and I was left to fend for myself. And I can thank you all now since I survived.
Thank you Zach for lunch, for music, for afternoons, for bikes!, for tacos, for movies, for pizza, for salt lake, for the winter not alone, for grocery shopping, for shows and for the rest of the stuff I can't remember.
Thank you Tom for "Tom jokes", oreos, rides, snacks, 10 hour road trips, bon fires, late nights even though you work early in the morning, for expensive gifts, for texting me and keeping me from becoming a recluse, for besties, for letting me follow you around like a lost puppy, for fixing Noemi's iPod, bike rides, watching scary movies and chick flick with me, for inside jokes and outside jokes, for introducing me to Boston and Marion and for being Ford's roommate, otherwise I would not have grown to kind of understand him and to love him like I do now, thank you for letting me hold hands with you (starting in the winter when I had to pry your hand open and ending with you just knowing that if we sat next to each other I would ultimately end up holding hands with you, you are a good friend.).
Thank you Marion for being the girl version of Noemi's replacement (Tom being the boy version), thank you for rides in yo SUV ma!, for half of your food, for cocoa bean, for clothes, for fashion advice, for boy advice, for long talks about human nature, for introducing me to Bryce and Ladd, for quesadillas with jam, for devo lunch, for dressing up on tuesdays, for a sanctuary in the winter when all was lost, for play time in the summer, for my failing grades in the summer, for tanning, for the sandbar, for letting me borrow your shoes, for shows, for letting me cry, for cutting my hair, for letting me live with you for a week, for letting me live with Kaylie for some of the 10 day break, for loving puppies as much as I do, for much much more thank you.
Thank you Boston for being so extra-ordinary, for knowing more about life than I do, for our drinking party at the park, for loving puppies also as much as I do, for just being my friend, for surprise meetings in the library with Brittani, for making me laugh, for your boston accent, for making me braid your hair.
Thank you Kat, Gatita, Katelyn, for agreeing to let me live with you and being my roommate, i would have been homeless with out you and I would have been depressed, thank you for pillow talk, for late nights, for slutty comments, for leggy dresses, for your awesome wardrobe, for watching scary movies with me and screaming really loud, for decorating my side of the room for my birthday, for being happy to see me, for being an awesome roommate, for wearing cheetah print tights.
Thank you Bryce, for going to the water park with me, for understaning my situation because we were in the same situation, for being crazy Bryce!
Thank you Harper, for going on that "Harper-Vickie day in SLC", for getting all those girls to live with you in that house. The vegbo house! I will never forget it, for making awesome themed parties and themed outings.
Leah isn't around but I'd like to thank her because she is something else.
Thank you Tyler for still wanting to hang out with me.
Thank you Emily (who won't see this), for the beach, the club, jordan!, for food, for late nights, for making church bearable when I thought I had lost all my friends.
Thank you Saychelle and Rachel for making my winter here so incredible!
Thank you Kynslie for crafts, for boy talk, for shows, for your boyfriend, for moving here, for crafting with me, for being funny and witty, for hanging out with me, for letting me sleep over and thank you Jamie for the same.
Thank you Morgan.
I think that is about it but if I forgot someone I will edit this ASAP!
Sunday, September 26, 2010
My BEST friend is coming back!!
*In case you weren't aware, I got a job Face Painting and (temporary) Tattooing with Air Illustrations (they're on facebook look em up.)
Saturday, September 11, 2010
- Laura, my boss, can talk to ANYTHING. I don't talk in the car so she talked the whole way up and the whole way back and I really only had to say "oh yeah." "mhmm" "yes" "that's true" "tell me more"
- Cincinnati, OH
- Guy on a his motorcycle with 5 raccoon tails on the back of said motorcycle.
- Being out in the middle of nowhere.
- thinking i was in a scary movie like Texas Chainsaw
- (this is not my fave but you need to know) NO RADIO. no music whatsoever, just Laura talking.
- Laura can drive, talk on the phone, and write something down!
- Sleeping while Laura got a phone call (because she can talk for hours)
- driving on bridges
- Amish people at the Travel America we were at.
- Little Amish boy with his Amish overalls and Chuck Taylors!
- Falling asleep when my head hits the pillow because it would be rude to sleep in the car and leave Laura to talk to herself
- Amish teenage boys walking into town. There was 2. They were stroooong!
- MONSTER TRUCKS!!
- all the rednecks were so incredibly nice! (i call them rednecks cause thats what they call themselves)
- very attractive redneck men in boots and carhartt jackets. love it
- Every man that we talked to that was married would talk about their wife like they were THE most beautiful person in the world. every chance they got.
- MONSTER TRUCKS!!
- a 7 year old boy in a mini monster truck!
- Cleveland, OH
- Little Italy in Cleveland
- Lakeview Cemetery
- President Garfield's Monument
- Tiffany Stained glass
- All the different trees in the cemetery
- Postcards for Noemi
- Real Italian luuuunch!
- Joey Sylvester! SUPER nice guy and cute!!
- I can't get over how nice everyone was!
- Evil Knievel guys were nice
- The Smoky Mountains/Blue Ridge Mountains were AWESOME!
- Finally getting home!
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
This isn't working out for you or me
The truth is I'm too tired to play pretend
This is goodbye, this is the end."
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Lately I've been sort of pondering about love. I've just always wanted to know the feeling you know? Plus I've been reading Pride and Prejudice. Also I just love all things romance. Probably not as much as Leah though. I know that the love portrayed in the movies is false and I know that there's more to it than the movies show. But what IS it!? I've asked a few people and some of these people's answers sound more like Julia Roberts in this scene of The Mexican. Except that the question isn't the same and that in the question of "love" there is no right answer.
And I'll leave you with my favorite quote from Pride and Prejudice thus far...
"Such a change in a man of so much pride excited not only astonishment but gratitude-- for love, ardent love, it must be attributed; and as such its impression on her was of a sort to be encouraged, as by no means unpleasing, though it could not be exactly defined. She respected, she esteemed, she was grateful to him, she felt a real interest in his welfare; and she only wanted to know how far she wished that welfare to depend upon herself..."
I think of all the pondering I've ever done the one thing that I felt was true was that love is a mutual respect for each other.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Today after my 20 min work out I felt that I wanted to look cute today. So I made a couple of headbands out of some scrap fabric and ribbon. I like them I think they are cute.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
2. My first crush ever was a mexican boy in my class who's name was Dennis. He told me one day that my ears were perfect. Weird? or Romantic? (I was in 3rd grade)
3. This may sound really silly but I wish I were a Pirate.
4. I squeeze my toothpaste from the bottom. unless it's brand new, then i squeeze from the middle.
5. My absolute favorite "comfort food" is mexican style eggs with green salsa on top.
6. A random fact about me is that i hate the sound of people eating and drinking.
7. The one piece of technology that truly makes my life better and I couldn't live without is a computer.
I got this from the same place as last time.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
The reason for this post is this, Hip Hop. Or rap music. Whatever you want to call it. Atlanta is the Hip Hop Capital of the world--or so claims our radio station, 95.5 The beat--. Over the years I have learned to appreciate hip hop. I've come to appreciate latin music (which I consider a branch off of hip hop, stuff like ragaeton), ATL latin flavors flow from Miami and New York. I have even come to appreciate country, that is not to say that I love country, but if a song is good I won't deny it. And I think that's my point today, that if a song is good, there is no need to deny it. You don't have to close off your music appreciation just because you claim to be "indie", "alternative", "emo","punk" or even "hip hop". I love music and I know a lot of people that say they love music too. And now, I will be talking about someone in particular who shall remain nameless. In talking to this person you'd think that maybe they like music more than I do. But just the other day I heard this person ragging on hip hop. I'm a little biased because they were ragging on one of my favorite songs. If you claim to love music as much as you do, shouldn't you be able to appreciate all music and not just the music you dress up for? Because this person is that kind of music brat. I don't even know where I was going with this angry post but I just would like that person to know that if you're going to come up to me and say "Oh you 'look' like the kind of person that likes music" don't just assume I like a certain type of music. I like Hip Hop as much as the next ghetto fabulous person. And don't insult my favorite song. Oh and Lil' Wayne is the shiz! AND if you are going to move to ATL from another state don't expect ATL to be Hip Hop free. Just learn to appreciate it, trust me, you will be happier and your booty will be happier cause you'll be shakin it! Your favorite hip hop song might be one that was covered by a band but trust me, the original is better, they always are.
Friday, May 7, 2010
2. The funniest book I've ever read was Naked by David Sedaris. I don't really pick up funny books you know?
3. The one book that has truly changed my life is This one time I read a book that a friend lent me. It was about a member of the church that had died but then came back to life, what are those experiences called? Anyway, I wouldn't say that it changed my life, but it kinda of altered the way I look at the after life and such. I don't know if it's legit you know, but it was cool.
4. If you're looking for a real "tear jerker" you should probably read The Road by Cormac McCarthy. Zach told me to read it and I did and it was good. I feel like I've cried while reading other books but I can't remember them right now.
5. If I could meet any author living or dead I would want to meet BOM Prophets count right? I mean, they wrote books. I'd want to meet Captain Moroni. Ok ok, that was kinda cheap. I would really like to meet...oh!...Mark Oliver Everett. I mean his life has been crazy thus far and incredible. He says in his book, I think, that he's a difficult person to be around, I'm not sure exactly what he said, I just remember thinking that being his friend or girlfriend would be a challenge and I was like "let me at him!"
6. The next book on my "to read" list is Pride and Prejudice which I started reading yesterday (sorry Myke that I am not reading Kafka but I've been wanting to read P&P for quite sometime and I got it in the mail when I started reading I, Robot) so next on my list, because Dani bought it her school book fair, is Pride, Prejudice and Zombies!
7. If I was snowed into a remote cabin in the woods and could only choose three books to bring with me I'd bring Twilight, Fight Club and The Great Gatsby. Judge all you want, I don't care! Can we make it 4? Cause I'd really like to bring The Road also.
Feel free to also Fill in the Blank, I'd like to hear from you, my very intellectual friends!
I got it from here
Monday, May 3, 2010
I usually like to make a big deal out of my birthday. But this year it was rather lame. I just went to church, came home, ate with cousins, and sat on my couch for the rest of the day. I didn't even get cake! I wasn't expecting cake since it was the sabath and I was not going to break it for selfish reasons but when I got home there were grocery bags on the table. My mom bought food to feed my aunt and cousins but SHE DIDN'T BUY ME A CAKE! NOT EVEN A PIE. NOTHING. We took her out for dinner and got her a free desert and I got nothing. This is why I don't like that her birthday is before mine. I'm selfish whatever. Do you guys know about my "Middle Child Complex"? Basically I get the short end of the stick all the time because I am the middle child. *sigh* Oh well. I'm used to it. Don't worry it gets better. Although I did not get cake, this weekend my parents are buying me 2 pairs of shoes! I've decided that I want some TOMS shoes and some heels! When I told my dad about the whole TOMS shoes thing about how it's buy a shoe give a shoe, he said "So? I don't care about kids in Argentina that don't have shoes!" (He was joking). So for my heels, this is what I saw that I liked.
These next ones are not the ones I want but the general style of the shoe is what I want. High, Skinny heel. I tried a pair on at Dillard's and they were not as uncomfortable as I thought they would be.
I want some "cage" shoes but I haven't found any that I have fallen in love with but these J. Simpson ones are cute
These are the perfect example of the "cage" shoe but I don't Love these :/
I love Steve Madden
Also Steve Madden
And today I impulsively bought a sewing machine. Call it a birthday present to myself. I'm excited!
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
For starters, I often second guess my posts because I wonder "what if they don't like this?" or "what if this isn't entertaining enough?". Like just now, I thought those questions. And I thought about deleting it. I even highlighted it all and almost pressed delete. But I didn't (obviously). So the question is....what should I Blog about? There's this blog that has "fill in the blank fridays" and every friday she answers a few random questions. Maybe I will do that. And maybe I will post my lists from Listography.com on here. Just the good ones. Maybe I'll have "listography tuesdays" or something. If you have any ideas on what I should blog about I am open to suggestions. Thank you and goodnight!
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Had my mother given me a different middle name I would gladly tell you. I thought about writing an entire post about my middle name. The subject would be my full name of course, with a pronounciation guide. I would tell you it's origin and why my mother picked this name. I would give you a brief history of how my aversion toward my middle name came to be. But alas I just can't bring myself to do it. It's not that I HATE my middle name it's just that NO ONE can pronounce it correctly and am therefore subject to ridicule. I say it, pronounce it, and use phonetic writing to help people but it is all in vain. When I get blessing or set apart at church I often think that maybe I shouldn't admit to having a middle name but the bishopric would know I were lying. These men have such trouble pronouncing it that they often whisper it and say it really fast so as not to embarass themselves. My mother is the only person who knows how to say it because she loves this name so much. Even my siblings have trouble saying it. Actually, come to think of it, I don't even think my siblings know I have a middle name! There are a handful of people that I have told my middle name to and they always forget it. Which I am not complaining about. I once told someone my middle name on the condition that he did not try to say it after I told him. He said it and I will never tell anyone my middle name again. Now the only person that knows it is Zach Gibson, only because he is sneaky and wrote it down. Don't bother asking him, he is sworn to secrecy. Maybe one day, when we are in the same place, at the same time, sharing our deepest darkest secrets I will tell you, with the condition of course of that you do not to try to say it. For right now, let's just say my middle name is "A" pronounced "Ay".
Victoria A. Morales
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
* I like instrumental soundtracks and I have a few in my ipod. I like to play a game with my dad called "Guess the movie." I play an instrumental song from a soundtrack and he has to guess the movie. He's actually really good at it. I played a song from the movie Meet Joe Black and he yelled "MEET BLACK JOE!!" Close enough, Dad.
* I went to Nauvoo last weekend with my Singles ward! It was so awesome! I've never been before. My family are converts so we didn't grow up thinking "OH let's go to this church history sight for this year's vacation!" I'm so glad I went! It was great! I have a testimony of the Church and of the Prophet Joseph Smith.
* I am all talk no action
* I HATE making friends. why? Because somehow, I end up losing them all. (emo? yeah whatever)
* I'm pretty sure Noemi was given the oppurtunity to extend her mission. She asked me if i would be mad. I would not. But I would like for her to be home already.
* If you had a puppy that didn't want you, would you give him to me? I would give you mine if he didn't want me.
* Getting mad at people is hard for me, I want to be mad at someone so badly but being mad means losing valuable "talking time" and that's just not worth it.
* My Brother called Tupac, Toothpac.
There are more things that have been swirling around my head but it is late and I'm falling asleep. Sorry there aren't that many funny things! I'll think of more.
Saturday, March 13, 2010
When I got this calling I was told that the provident living committee is in charge of the "Linger Longer"s after church. You know Linger Longers, where you stay and eat after church? Yeah, we are incapable of just calling it "stay and eat after church". Proof of this is that our current commmittee spokesperson has changed the name from "Linger Longer" to "Desert and Flirt". This was her second choice, her first choice? "Snack and Mack". But the Bishop would not allow it. There are more names floating around like "Take a cookie, get a Looky". They are obssessed with getting us to date. Do people really flirt and mack on each other? No. So my first order of business when I get to one of those Provident Living Meetings is a motion to change the name to "Food After Church (We know you're hungry)"
All those other names scare people into not coming to eat because they think that strangers will try and marry them right then and there. Although the Provident Living spokesperson has claimed, on many occasions (over a microphone), that she is in fact "marriage material".
Here's to living providently and getting food after 3 hours of church!
*I'm not very aware of my audience (I think we're all friends.) But in case you don't know what Visiting Teaching is, it's something we do at church where everyone gets assigned 2 girls to visit during the month whenever you can. You get a partner and you meet new people this way.
Monday, March 8, 2010
1. The weekend is over and I get to be home alone again! All I'm saying is that if your brother and sister faught as much as mine do, you would be happy for the weekend to end too.
2. I get an email from Noemi! I always share my deepest darkest fears, problems, secrets, and crushes with her and she always just says everything I need to hear. Even if those things aren't always what I want to hear. But more often than not she tells me in a way that won't make me angry because she didn't tell me what I wanted to hear. She's a good sister and a good missionary.
In todays email she told me that I should make a list of things I am grateful for. I kinda think it's cheesy but it has to be done. I would write in my journal but let's face it....Who has one of those anymore? ha! Who remembers how to hold a pen? Yeah, not me! I didn't go to school this semester, remember!? So here it is my beloved friends, A list....(You can stop reading here if you want.)
I am grateful for:
* My friends here in GA. Rachel (aka Fabs), Saychelle, Rachel P, Jamie, Emily, and even Morgan. (because everyone knows I hate too much estrogen.)
* Movie Soundtracks.
* Text messaging
* My dad
* My mom
* Dani (because she thinks I'm funny and laughs at me the same way Noemi laughs at me and I miss Noemi)
* Felipe (aka Flipper) because when he isn't a hostile teenager we have a good time together.
* Talents that keep me occupied
* My Bishopric
* My faith
* My knowledge of Jesus Christ and the Atonement.
* Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
* My extended family
* Text messaging
* People that tell me I'm funny.
* Noemi's emails
* The relatively warm winters of GA
* The scriptures
* Test messaging (have I mentioned this before? Well I'm really fond of it, ok!?)
* Music with no words
* Netflix instant play
There's more but I can't think right now. I'll edit this as they come to me.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Sunday, February 7, 2010
She's my cousin's baby. Does that make her my cousin? Or does that make her like a cousin once removed or something? Anyway, I told her mom that I would make this baby girl a blanket but I forgot until this last week. The blanket wasn't very big since she was only 5 lbs 13oz. She's TINY! and I love her! So the scarf I was going to make is back on!
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
18 bamboo knitting needles sizes 10mm-2mm. They are awesome!! I'm kind of like really happy right now, don't judge me. I'll make you something. Give me money so i can buy the yarn and send it to you.
Oh and JK about this being a knitting blog...I'm too funny to only blog about knitting projects! haha! HA!
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Thursday, January 7, 2010
This is not to say that I blame my mom for the language used in this household. My dad gets blamed too. He laughs whenever he hears my little sister swear which in turn tells my brother that he can do it. He thinks it's so funny in fact that sometimes he will say to my sister "remember when you said the f word? hahahaha say it again!" or "remember when I said mothaf***er? You say it!" My dad also gives us all the bird whenever he leaves the room.
Who are these people!?